Re: A86: Rom Page $D

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Rom Page $D

When is Trent going to get Qbert done.  I'm looking forward to it.
By the way, put some more games on your site!  Otherwise, the information
rocks!

At 04:55 AM 3/1/98 , you wrote:
---      ---
---      ---For a long while I was under the impression that the ROM call
(or lookup)
---      ---table was on ROM Page 1. Of course, now that I am working on my
CGI I am
---      ---learning a lot about the ROM.
---      ---
---      ---Well, memory address $4000 is swappable from 1-F. So I assume
that it starts
---      ---out ROM page 1. Is this correct? I also thought that the ROM
call table was
---      ---there too, but I guess not. I wrote the program below to figure
out which
---      ---ROM page I was at in the asm program at $4000,  which returned
13 (same as
---      ---$D). When I outported to 13 in the emulator and  disassembled
the ROM here,
---      ---it indeed did look like a table.
---      ---
---      --- Well, I guess I better correct my tutorials. I am surprised no
one e-mailed
---      ---me telling saying stuff like "You idiot! You dont know what the
hell you are
---      ---talking about!! I'm going to bomb you! You do not treat my
people like
---      ---this!! My friend this is not good business..." Well, many
people get these
---      ---violent flame urges. Hell, ever since Trent was working on
Qbert he has been
---      ---more feisty then a disgruntle postal worker ;)
---      ---
---      ----Matt
---      ---http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86
---      ---
---      ---matt2000@gte.net
---      ---
---      ---;---------
---      ---#include "ti86asm.inc"
---      ---
---      ---.org _asm_exec_ram
---      ---
---      --- in a, ($5)
---      --- nop          ;Give it some time to breath - maybe redundant
---      --- nop
---      --- nop
---      --- ld l, a
---      ---
---      --- ld a, 0
---      --- ld h, 0
---      --- call $4A33
---      ---
---      --- ret

Alex

Just like to say something, don't ever use Internet Explorer.  Don't ever
try to uninstall Internet Explorer.  Don't ever support Microsoft unless
you have to.  (like me, i have to use Windows95)
I tried uninstalling Internet Explorer (cause it sucks) and it screwed over
my computer.  I ended up formating my entire hard drive and reinstalling
everything.  Screw me!!