Re: A86: Re: Tile based games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Tile based games

He meant, "here's a routine to draw a map, use this".

You really learn better if you write it yourself.  I try to come up with
everything on my own.  Cutting and pasting doesn't teach anything, and is a
good way to introduce bugs because you use it incorrectly.  I exclude
sprite and find pixel routines from that.  I'll leave that up to the
experts like Jimmy Mardell and Dan Eble, who have decided to leave the list
because of all the irrelevant conversation here.

At 06:24 PM 6/27/98 EDT, you wrote:

>> I am not just going to give away my source code so
>> someone can cut and paste and not learn a thing.
>
>It has been my experience that from others' source is
>often the best way to learn.

// David Phillips
// mailto:electrum@tfs.net
// ICQ: 13811951