Re: A86: Math program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Math program

In a message dated 6/13/98 5:37:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nop56773@mail.telepac.pt writes:

> I'm converting a math program I had written in Basic to ASM.
>  It will do somethind like
>
>  prompt A,B,C
>  (-B+(sqrt)(B^2-4*A*C))/(2*A)->X
>  (-B-(sqrt)(B^2-4*A*C))/(2*A)->X
>  Disp X,Y
>  -B/(2*A)->X
>  -(B^2-4*A*C)/(4*A)->Y
>  Disp X,Y
>
>  However with some number like A=5 B=6 and C=5 I keep getting either ERROR
15
>  MEMORY
>  or 02 DIV BY ZERO or I get different numbers for the X and Y
>
>  Can someone take a look at it?
>
>  Also, I copied a prompt routine from a triangle tester program of Elroy
>  (elroy@usa.net)
>  and still dont understand it.
>  What is call _mov10b for? And (_asap_ind) ? And call _exec_pg3?
>
>  Thanks

first of all, there's this niftly little item on the ti-86 called "poly" which
will do the quadratic formula anyway.

_asap_ind is where you load $0d into, right before you call _exec_pg3
this gives a prompt similar to the one on the homescreen.  the input goes into
op1

_mov10b is like ldir except instead of register b being the counter, it copies
exactly 10 bytes from hl to de