Re: A86: TI-86 VAT

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TI-86 VAT

At 09:37 PM 6/11/98 -0400, you wrote:

>What I really want to know now... how do I display the contents
>of hl in decimal form at the current pen location using the tiny
>font (I know there is a call for the 5x7 font, but thats way too
>big) I know there has to be one somewhere... anybody found it yet?
>Alan Bailey (sp?) wrote a routine to display hl in hex... but not
>many people want to see that ase is 0176h bytes or whatever. I
>wish people could have had sixteen fingers, or at least 8. Anybody
>got an Xacto knife? :)

Here's the code to _disp_ahl with a call to _vputs at the end (normally it
falls through to _puts). This should work, though I didn't test it. Funny
though, I couldn't find a routine to do this in the ROM. And it should be
pretty easy to find. Oh, well.

-----
_div_ahl_10 EQU 404Ch
_div_hl_10 EQU 4044h

push bc
   ld de,_OP1+5	;store digits in OP1
   ld b,5		;do for 5 digits
   call _div_ahl_10	;get first digit
   jr a1
a0: call _div_hl_10	;get subsequent digits
a1: add a,'0'	;convert to ASCII digit
   ld (de),a		;store digit to OP1
   dec de
   djnz a0		;next digit
   sub a		;terminate string with 0 byte
   ld (_OP1+6),a
   ex de,hl
   ld a,'0'
   ld b,4		;for 4 digits (print 1 digit), even if # is 0
a2: inc hl
   cp (hl)		;if digit is 0, change it to a space
   jr nz,a3
   ld (hl),' '
   djnz a2
a3: ld hl,_OP1
   pop bc
   call _vputs

>Also... The first six VAT entries seem to be system files. For
>a user program should I omit them? For me user programs start at
>around BFC7h if I remember correctly. The stuff before that is
>xStat, yStat, fStat, Ans and two mysterious programs called # and
>!. /me shrugs.

Depends on what you are doing. xStat, yStat, and fStat are just normal list
variables. Ans is, of course, the last answer. I don't remember exactly
what # and ! are. One of them is the last parsed command, I think.

--Joshua

Follow-Ups: References: