Re: A86: Questions on Port 3, calc on, off, APD, etc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Questions on Port 3, calc on, off, APD, etc

>actually if you're on a list with only 30 people, i'd venture to say that
it's
>very likely that there are two people on it that live within a half-hour of
each
>other, and even more likely within an hour.  (that's assuming that the
>population is equally dense which it's not, but add some more people and it
>accounts for that, and this list probably has 100 or so at least)

With over 4 billion people on the earth?? Even in the US with 50 states,
suppose there are two people
per state right? That is assuming (incorrectly) that everyone here lives in
the US. Now 2 people per state,
hell in Florida it takes over 3.5 hours just to leave the state. You got to
know that! Now living 30 minutes away meaning
that me being 1, the other person would have to be in a 30 minute region of
over 7 hours of driving from the PanHandle to Bahamas, finish of Florida,
giving 30 min / 7 hours or 1/14 chance. Now if we assume that only maybe a
1/4 of the people in the world live in the US (probably much much less) then
that makes the chance 1/48. Of course we also have to take account terrain
capibilities, the U.S. has roads but not every country has roads, some
states may have hills (not Florida!), so we would have calculate the length
of the arc because the car has to drive OVER the hill and that involves
trigonometry.. and you may be considering 1/2 hour where "as the crow flies"
however roads and paths many not have such direct routes, so you cannot
use Pythagorean's theorm there..so dont even get me started!!

Just joking ;)

Later,
    Matt