Re: A86: Re: Re: Re: BG v1.0 grayscale converter is out !

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 12:04 1998-06-02 -0400, you wrote:
>You could use a pre-calculated Lookup table for the PutPixel routine for any
>memory address, suitable for grayscale.
>You could use an ultra fast IM 2 interrupt handler for grayscale (see
>gray.asm attached by Dux earlier). Thats your
>interrupt handler we derived that from Jimmy, remember (the Down-Left bug
>fix message a few months back)

Not necessary; grayscale & putpixel is fast enough. If you want to
optimize something, you shouldn't optimize the part of the program
that's seldom run (compared to the mathematical parts).

>[linear addressing $4000-$BFFF]

Yes, I've also had that idea...

--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell                "can't go mucking with a 'void *'"
IRC......: Yarin                                // Apple's MPW C compiler

Follow-Ups: References: