Re: A86: Re: Re: Re: BG v1.0 grayscale converter is out !

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: Re: BG v1.0 grayscale converter is out !

When you get the free time? Heheh, you say that like it is easy. Are you
really that good? The two true 3d games I know of
is Daedalus (Andreas Ess) and Labby (Jimmy Mardell). I dont even know if
labby is truely 3d like Daedulus, but these guys are the best (top 5) Z80
programmers around.. Are you taking a 3D algorithmic class in college right
now?

-Matt

>I'd like to write a 3D game for the calc that's similiar to Wolfenstien 3d.
> Maybe when I get more free time.  Has anyone played Daedalus for the 85?
>How fast was it, what did it look like, and did it use grayscale?  Sorry,
>but I don't have access to a TI-85 right now.
>
>At 05:26 AM 5/31/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>>I use a 3 dimensional array that handle the
>>>layers. it could easely be extended to output
>>>any number of layers (bits) At the moment it
>>>is 3 but it could be 4,5,6.... resulting in any
>>>number of colors from 2  to as many as your
>>>routine can handle.
>>

>>Yeah 16 would be about the limit maybe too much, may flicker a lot too (as
>>much as the old 8 level routine I hope) I would have to highly optimize it
>>using IM 2 and it would require a whole 3 * 1024 = 3072 bytes of free
memory
>>plus the 1024 bytes in the display area.
>>
>>Call me obssessed, but I had a dream that Kirk Meyer wrote some 3d game
that
>>screwed with the LCD and caused it to have
>>the shades of gray be "shades of purple" instead. Then I work up (5:22
A.M.)