Re: A86: I can make a pkzip program on TI-calcs. Need a programmer.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: I can make a pkzip program on TI-calcs. Need a programmer.

did u mail me by accident? was just wondering cause i have no clue on
who you are=)  I like the verse at the bottom though. whatever ya
talking about with all this compression stuff have fun and good luck.

>From owner-assembly-86-outgoing@towerguard.unix.edu.sollentuna.se Thu
Jul 30 18:47:04 1998
>Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 19:45:42 -0600
>From: Kirk Meyer <kirk008@ibm.net>
>To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: A86: I can make a pkzip program on TI-calcs. Need a
programmer.
>Sender: owner-assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>

>Look, I'm already trying to implement a PKZip program for the TI-86.
Any
>competent programmer would agree that this is a rather hard feat to
>accomplish given the TI-86's paged style of memory. What are you trying
>to do? Give a programmer a blueprint and make the programmer do it
while
>you get half the credit?
>
>KingCrab9@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> This is it.
>> There is a way to build a compression program on the calculator that
utilizes
>> LZW compression.  This can be done, it not just an idea.  This is the
tightest
>> compression available second to LHA (or pkzip for that matter).
>> Keep in mind compression algorithms and data encryption are my
expertise.
>> Also note that this for archiving or self-extracting ASMs (something
like LH-
>> ICE)
>> If you don't want to finish reading my message contact me by e-mail.
I am not