Re: A86: Displaying Strings

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Displaying Strings

>From: Jeanne9005@aol.com
>Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 20:02:32 EDT
>To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: A86: Displaying Strings
>

>im pretty new at this....so ...how do i get something displayed in
asm????
>like i want to have it display variable GH, or display the number
1....what is
>the syn????

Whoops. Accidently sent a unfinished email. Heres the finished.
I'm a nobody in asm programming but I can help you.
Heres a sample of how to do that.

To Put Text In Normal Size:
#include "ti86asm.inc"
.org _asm_exec_ram
    ld a,0          ; Loads 0 into the 8 bit "a" register
    ld (_curRow),a  ; Loads 0 that was in "a" to the cursor row
    ld (_curCol),a  ; Load the same into the cursor column
    ld hl,text      ; Loads 16 bit "hl" register with the "text"
    call _puts      ; Put String in "hl" at cursor position and
                    ; advances the cursor
    ret             ; Return from program so it doesn't crash
text:               ; Label under which we load into "hl"
.db "Hello World",0 ; Defines the byte in which string is stored