Re: A86: TI-86 interrupts, Part 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:

> Thank you for simply telling me a lot of stuff I already knew but
> did not include in my last letter due to it's irrelevancy to the
> question.  Simply stated, there are 2 routines.  One on an
> interrupt that saves the last keypress.  Another that gets/clears
> that keypress when called.  I simply used _getkey to refer to
> both of them to avoid making my letter unnecessarily
> complicated.

That worked.  Did you take classes in clarity?

>  All he asked was how the interrupt was related
> to _getkey.  He didn't ask what else the interrupt and _getkey
> did.

It didn't seem like you understood what was going on :-)  Someone on this list
probably learned something.

>  That was totally irrelevant.  I was just explaining why
> disabling the interrupt disabled _getkey.  Do you follow me?
>
> > A final necessary (though eshful) comment:
> > If nothing else, I hope you have learned a little about how the
> > calc works.  Next time (again, I don't mean to sound like an
> > asshole :-), try doing a little disassembly rather than guesswork.
>
> Your letter sounded very much like a personal flame.  There's
> no place for things like this on the list.  I definitely was not
> guessing, just answering the question in the most basic
> accurate way possible.  I would hope that you could avoid being
> so quick to flame people, especially when they aren't wrong, PAL.

I apoligize.  I wasn't trying to say that I was absolutely right and that you were

absolutely wrong, just that a look at the actual ROM routine might give you a
better edge on understanding it.  At least we can both agree on one thing: this
thread is lost and we would both do better to forget about it :-)

A more eshful eshful comment:
God brushes his teeth with our minds at least twice a day.