Re: A86: Permanent Variables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Permanent Variables

You first need to store the high score and initials in the program like this:

Score:
 .dw $0000
Initials:
 .db "JOE"

When you quit, you must write-back the program yourself, as neither Asm( or
the two shells (Rascall or ASE) do this for you.  Jimmy Mardell's ZTetris
provides an excellent example on how to do this.  It's near the bottom,
under the label "Quit:".  Basically, you find the program's abs address
using _findsym and copy the length of your program starting at asm_exec_ram
to that abs address.

--
David Phillips
mailto:electrum@tfs.net