Re: A86: TI-86 interrupts, Part 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

David Phillips wrote:

> I'm glad you got it working.  Does this mean we will see an Expander
> anytime soon?

Well, I don't especially like to use the lists for blatant self-plugs,
but yes, I am now selling programmed AVRs which can be used to build
your own E2 for about $30, assuming you have some electronics knowledge.
The AVRs themselves are $15 from me, and the other parts needed can be
purchased from various distributors for another ~$15. I have the E2-86
driver listing the contents of the Expander already, and I expect to
have it sending/receiving variables off the E2 EEPROM array by the end
of next week. Now then, anybody interested in doing an 85 port with me?
:)
The 86 only really needs an expander for sqrxz levels, but there is a
huge need for one on the TI-85.

In all liklihood I will be releasing most of, if not all of, the E2-86
driver's source so that other programmers can use the device in their
own programs, if desired. I wouldn't suggest writing anything that
REQUIRES an E2, but it would be neat if games started using the Expander
memory for maps, artwork, etc, if one is connected. Otherwise it could
use a smaller map that is part of the program. This is what I am
considering doing with dragon3, the cruddy 92 RPG that I wrote last
spring.

I may consider trying to modify the sqrxz source to load levels directly
off the Expander...

As always the E2 site is at http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/eii/

</cheapselfplug>

--