Re: A86: 86 interrupts?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 86 interrupts?

TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:
> All calculators with CBL support (everything except very old TI-85's)
> have a linkport interrupt.  This is used for silent linking and the trans-
> fer of variables from a TI-Basic program.  The calculator freezes for
> a second when you insert a non-tapered link into the linkport because
> it briefly touches two of the contacts at once.  This sends some bit
> to the link that makes the calculator wait for data.  After a few
> seconds, it times out.
>
> In order to use the linkport, you have to use the ROM linkport
> routines.  Failure to do so would result in random errors triggered
> by the interrupt.  You would need to disable the interrupts to
> prevent this.

Thought so. So, where exactly are the link port calls in the 86? I
remember looking at the code in one of the higher ROM pages but don't
know exactly how to call that code... does it ret like normal or jp
somewhere funky?

Failing that... <newbie alert> how do I disable interrupts? Is there
something in the status register or something?

Thanks, and sorry for the lame "Hi again" =P

Bryan

Follow-Ups: References: