Re: A86: Re: TI's ROM Sux

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: TI's ROM Sux

> Whatever the case, I don't see how dumping the
> ROM of my own calculator and disassembling it
> is a felony. I bought the calculator, and the ROM
> is part of that calculator...

Disassembly or reverse-engineering of anything
copyrighted or patented is a violation of that copy-
right or patent.  Just because you paid for it does
not give you exclusive rights to it (I.E., you can't
copy and sell it).  This is the origin of the legal
phrase, "All rights reserved."  Also, it states in
the back of the old TI-85 manuals that TI can
deny you the right to use their product if you
tamper with it.