Re: A86: Menus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Menus

I was wrong about alot of what I said in my first post.  After following
one of the three pointers at $d65a, $d65c, or $d65e, you can put $06 as
the first byte if you want that menu to be empty, $05 if you want there
to be submenus (i think), and stbeta1 sometimes uses $03.  $00 followed
by a zero terminated string will put a variable to the homescreen and
any multiple of sixteen will work the same way as they do in the custom
menu.  After that put a two byte address and then a zero terminated
string with what the menu will say.  Then, in the location of the
address you put, there is
one byte which does something I'm not sure of, a byte that tells the
number of submenus, then pointers to all of the data for each of the
submenus (two bytes each, no null in between).  Then, if the location
you just pointed to starts with $05 and a two byte adress, you should
open up another menu.
This works for the custom menu also.  Put $05 as the first byte, and
then follow it by an address and a zero terminated string.
I'm sure this won't make much sense to you at first, so you'll have to
try it yourself.
:-)