Re: A86: I've got questions about registers and interupts, maby someone

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: I've got questions about registers and interupts, maby someone can aswer?

>>R  - What does the memory refresh register do?  Is the register a count
>>down timer until memory refresh, then why is it a multiple of 2?  Or,
>>does the register change after every register?  And of what uses is it,
>>other than a pueso-random number generator (that is no good)
>
>The R registers is updated after every instruction as I recall. Also,
>I think it's increased with one after each instructions, but the
>last bit is always clear (thus in range 0-127). I think I checked this
>out once, but I'm not sure.
>
>It has no practical purpose except for generating pseudo-random numbers.
>Many Z80 emulators skips the emulation of the R register.

How exactly do you access the R register?  I haven't been able to find any
documentation on it anywhere.

Dennis

Maintainer of the TI-8x Emulation Project:
http://members.aol.com/smiley0242