Re: A86: Shell Name

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Shell Name

<< It will look a lot like Rascall.  A friend of mine suggested that I
 create pull-down menus, and I have considered it.  The original design
 specs indicated that it would have multiple interfaces, like Usgard.  It
 will have the standard grouped program menu, a Filer (file manager
 util), minimal help function, and an easy-to-use setup feature with
 everything in a convenient menu so you don't have to memorize what keys
 do what (ie: p = password, etc.).  This shell will eventually emulate
 the TI-85 (like the other two ASM shells), and possibly the 82 and 83.
 It will show both BASIC and ASM programs in its menu and have optional
 program writeback.  I was also considering icons that would be displayed
 in the description bar.  Any ideas? >>

How about "pull up" menus?  something that would look like the 85 menu system
and would display a menu above what you clicked on (using the F1-F5 buttons).
Like the Win 95 start menu, and if anyone remembers, the Atlantis shell for
the 86 a long time ago.  Also, as for the other menu spaces, have a symbol or
something that would tell whether certain options were on or off (interrupt,
prog writeback, password protection etc).
If you do that, l think that it would be cool to have things like options,
help, setup and things like that.  And a way to open and edit documents
(string files).
As for a Filer or file manager, try to aim to have programs, strings, lists
and stuff in their own directory named for what they are.

What do you mean by icons, and the descripton bar?