Re: A86: Re: Shell Name

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Shell Name

nuke@bayside.net wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Matt2000 wrote:
>

> > If the shell resembles a GUI
> >
> > X-Shell86 (named after X-windows)
>
> i thought i harped on you about this before? :)
> X! X! X!
>
> www.opengroup.org, home of X. there is no mention of "X-Windows"
> anywhere
> on that site :)

No Fighting!!!  I wanted suggestions, not contraversy!  Besides, I
myself have seen X-Windows mentioned quite a bit.  I think they (whoever
they may be) are referring to ANY version of Windows (generic term).
Just stop arguing.  This list is for the sharing of ideas and
information, not for arguing over things like X-Windows.  Just because
Matt suggested X-Shell86 doesn't mean we'll use it.  We could change it
to Shell86x or something similar.  He just got the idea from the
mentioned X-Windows.  Understood??

-Jeremy