Re: A86: Sq. Rt. of -1..... i

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Sq. Rt. of -1..... i

There's really no reason to do that.  If you want, you can make a variable
called "I" that has value (0,1) and then you can type 3+4I all you want, but in
terms of efficiency, the orered pair format is much better.  It already has
parentesis, you don't need another special key (or need to push 2nd or alpha and
a key), and when written in polar format, it's easier to read and write (as
opposed to 5e^(0.6i), which can't even be written in degrees).

--
Stephen Hicks
mailto:shicks@mindspring.com