Re: A86: Customizable Stuff

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Customizable Stuff

A Doggett wrote:

> _@IBM.net wrote on Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:54:55 -0700:
> >
> > You first must get the TI-86 emulator for Windows, from ticalc.org and get
> > it working.  Next, determine a call that the subroutine you are looking for
> > calls - this is your GUESS. Example: for ">frac", I knew (or at least was
> > pretty sure) that it must call _FPDIV sometime.  So in the emulator I
> > disassembled at the address for _FPDIV and it said call $xxxx.  I went to
>
> Ok.  So, I'm wanting to find the routine to print the menus for me.
> The routine itself is at $494B on ROM page1, but this goes on to print
> text depending on certain flags.  Following this backwards along the
> CUSTOM menu route I see the routine called from $4942, before which
> were a number of releative jumps ($4942 from $4932).  At $4928 (Still
> Rom page 1) I find myself totally stuck.  What next?
>
> Is it possible that there is not a call from Rom page $0D towards this
> address?  An alternative solution for me would be to work out at $494B
> what the flags are for and to change the page myself, but then my
> program might not work on 0.2 and 0.3.  As TI have been so careful to
> load Rom $0D with calls to $00 just for compatibility, I feel sure
> that there must be a call there somewhere.
>
> Perhaps instead of working backwards, my best method might be to work
> forwards - calling every single call/jp on $0D?  (Starting in the
> most-likely area, of course).

That would be helpful.  I think you should.

> Don't suppose that someone's found it already?

I found it last night and I posted it.  It is actually two successive calls with
the input of a two byte address to a data table in hl.  Ex:

        ld hl,$d1c3
        call $49c8
        call $49e8

will create a menu and use the data table already defined for the custom menu.
If you want to know about how to make a menu data table go here:

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~assets/86menu.htm

> --
> AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD        |
> Anthony J. Doggett                     |
> Mailto:Doggett@zetnet.co.uk            |
> http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/doggett/ |
> Life is what you make of it.

Follow-Ups: References: