Re: A86: APD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: APD

tllilleh@polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu wrote on Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:38:45 -0800:
> > A while back someone asked for the ROM call to the APD (so that the
> > calculator returns to where it left off after it's turned back on).
> > Well, this may be a bit of a hack, and I can't try it myself because my
> > link broke:
> > Since APD timer is located at $c00a, if we load this byte with 0 it
> > would be the same as if the timer ran out.  This alone won't do
> > anything, though, because the APD timer isn't checked while assembly is
> > running.  But, if you follow that by call _getkey, it should turn off
> > the calc.
>
> Damn, pretty close..  I tried it and it worked when I set the counter to 1.

The file that was included works perfectly, so why if I try and
impliment the same thing as an interrupt will the calculator often
switch itself off as soon as I switch it on again, and end up at the
home screen when I finally get it on?
AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD AJD        |
Anthony J. Doggett                     |
Mailto:Doggett@zetnet.co.uk            |
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/doggett/ |
Life is what you make of it.