Re: A86: Edit lock

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Edit lock

> Ok fine, you must be an authority on the subject because you actually did
> it, but in case you didn't notice, this is on the TEXAS INSTRUMENTS TI-86
> ASSEMBLY list, the question is not about the 85.  Which calculator did
> you actually do it on,

Yes, I have locked and unlocked programs from both calculators.

> because using an on-calc memory viewer, and two
> programs sent via graphlink software and a TI-86, the editlocked one had
> an extra null byte before the program that the normal one didn't,

If the second program was less than 256 bytes long, there will be 2 null
characters at the beginning.

> otherwise they were identical.  Maybe if some flags in other parts of the
> ram aren't set, the tokenizer will get confused.  I can't test this as
> the memory editor dosen't have an insert function, only overwrite.

I didn't intend for anything to be a flame, I was just setting te record
straight. No need to get defensive. Feel free to research it further and
prove me wrong. Did you try changing the null char to something else?