Re: A86: Edit lock

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Edit lock

Jeff Tyrrill wrote:

> I edit-lock my Basic programs mainly so some stupid lamer at some
> school
> doesn't change my name on my program to his own, and then sell it.
> Most
> people with Graph-Links or the means to un-edit-lock a program
> wouldn't do
> that. You might not think that anyone would, but I've seen it happen
> many
> times at my school, both people changing the author's name on a
> program,
> and people selling programs (that they didn't write).
> ________________
>
> Jeff Tyrrill
> http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/
> http://ti-philes.home.ml.org/

I never said that it didn't happen, I just said the edit-lock feature
wasn't very useful.  If you don't want someone changing your program,
your best bet would be to write it in ASM, since there would be almost
no way for them to edit your program then.  Anyway, if you think those
students are doing something wrong, you should tell everyone that you'll
give them the programs for free.  Then those students would have no one
to sell to.  At my school (500+ students) my friends and I put programs
and stuff on other people's calculators for free.  The math teachers are
not overly happy about it, but they don't really mind as long as you pay
attention and get your work done.  Well, enough said.  Later!

-Jeremy

Follow-Ups: References: