Re: A86: Asm newbie question Part 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Robby Gutmann wrote:

> you can't do "ld hl,bc"  you have to do "ex de,hl"  (or maybe switch
> the order, not sure).  this command exchanges the values in hl and de.

I tried this:  (just the end of a section of code)

	ld a,5
	ld (_curRow),a
	ld a,5
	ld (_curCol),a
	ld de,300
	ex de,hl
	call _getkey

but nothing appears...

I tried:

load h into a, l into h, 0 into l and call $4a33

(or at least what i could figure what this means) but then i got
something like:

5033:

where I wanted 300 to be displayed.

ALSO, i'd appreciate it if you would write out the code as I would enter
it instead of me trying to guess what some of it means, and tell me what
calls like $4a33  are (I couldnt find it in ti86asm.inc)

Matt

Follow-Ups: References: