Re: A86: Interrupts

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Interrupts

At 22:13 1998-12-05 -0500, you wrote:
>will enable interrupts. What happens when you do this? How many T-states does
>each take? Most importantly, would it be wise or a good idea to
>disable/renable interrups during "Computationally Expensive" parts of code?

I can't recall the number of T-states, but that shouldn't be too
important as you most often only use ei/di instructions at the beginning
and the end of a big part of the source.

Disabling the interrupts will not gain much speed, unless there's a badly
written user installed interrupt. The most common reason to disable
interrupts is probably to use the IY register and the shadow registers.

//Jimmy Mårdell

E-mail: yarin@acc.umu.se
Homepage: http://www.acc.umu.se/~yarin/

Follow-Ups: References: