Re: A86: Optimization

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Optimization

What kind of tips are you talking about?  Like the quickest opcodes for
accomplishing a certain operation, how to speed up a routine, or how to
plan code so that it is fast?  If you want help with the first two, you
really should read any code written by Jimmy Mardell, Scabby, Dan Eble,
etc. (sorry, Bill, I would have mentioned you if you had any code to
read!).  I have learned alot about optimization by studying the source code
to Mardell's Sqrxz, but that's only the place to start.  You will make up
techiniques of your own as you write more code.

I am thinking about writting a FAQ about programming games on the 86
(assuming you already know the basics of asm).  Is anyone else interested
in this?

--
David Phillips
mailto:electrum@tfs.net