Re: A86: 3 questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 3 questions

BrncAvFan2@aol.com wrote:

> It has been a whole day since I asked a question.  I have only three easy (I
> think) questions this time.  The first is, how would I subtract a number from
> another number.  I want to subtract my custom number into my number that makes
> my sprite move around (b).
>
> My second is if I were to put two sprites on the screen, would I just have to
> do the fastsprite (putsprite) routine once for the two or twice?

Twice,  load the coordinates and address pointer for the first sprite...call
FastSprite...load the coords and addy for the 2nd sprite...call FastSprite
again.

What FastSprite does is... displays a sprite if it's not there already, or
erases it if it is there (all by way of XOR).  If you load the first sprite
and then load a different sprite on top of the first one, then you will get
a garbled mess.  FastSprite was made to be able to display and erase single,
non-overlapping, 8x8 sprites.  I made it for a Bomberman clone but abandoned
that project when BomberBlokes was announced.  (Have I talked enuf yet?)

Hope it helps.

--
Tercero	 --  Email: mailto:tercero@busprod.com

"The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone;"
			--Psalms 118:22
"Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces,
but he on whom it falls will be crushed."
			--Luke 20:18