Re: A86: Reading Level Maps (I HAVE BEEN WONDERING...)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Reading Level Maps (I HAVE BEEN WONDERING...)

>Level_1:
>.db %00111100,%11000011
>.db %11000011,%00111100
>.db %10100101,%01011010
>.db %01011010,%10100101
>.db %00000000,%11111111
>.db %11111111,%00000000
>.db %10000001,%01111110
>.db %01111110,%10000001

I have been wondering about doing these levels via stored bits...

	ld hl, Level_1
	ld a, (hl)                        ; this should put %00111100 in
a right?

I think that I understand how to check bits, but to read the next 8 bits
do I increment (hl)?  If so how many times?  Once (as in a byte) or eight
times (for each bit)?  I have close to no experence with this kind of
data storage.  Up until now I just used temp variables.  I guess that
it's time to learn.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: