Re: A86: Asm-86 12k cap

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Asm-86 12k cap

Kirk Meyer wrote:

> Dux's idea wouldn't work. if you put RAM 1 to port 5 and RAM 7 to port
> 6, there's no page D for the ROM calls :(

I mentioned that the first time I posted.  Whatever method Rascall and
ASE use of emulation, they must convert ZShell calls to 86 calls.  But
they can directly use the calls on page 0 by checking for ROM the
version, and then loading the appropriate code to the beginning of page
one--sort of like how Zshell works.  In fact, this would probably speed
up emulation because you're ditching the calls on page 13 ... It all
depends on how badly you want to overcome the 12k cap.