Re: A86: Asm-86 12k cap

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Asm-86 12k cap

>The VAT is on page seven--at the very end.  You could limit programs to
>27k to be safe, if you wanted.  But, you can't use page two, you would
>overwrite those "!","#" programs, and anything else stored before your
>16k variable.  All you need to do is check if enough RAM is free to use
>page seven (page seven is the last page used by the calc), and then:
>boff!

But what if Page 7 was occupied because the memory was maxed out, someone
deleted a program not located on page 7, and now 16K is free. Are you saying
that all the programs will shift over to fill the missing bytes just so Page
7 will be free? I mean, cant a program be stored at Page 7 and you still
have 16K free because you deleted some program stored in say, for example,
Page 3 and 4

-Matt
http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86/