Re: A86: q?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: q?

Dux Gregis wrote:

>  Stephen Hicks wrote:
>
>> hmm...  i wonder if that would be the byte that needs to get changed
>> to make it
>> insert the space when you do a second-entry?
>
> I doubt it.  It's most likely in the token spelling, even though you
> said that didn't change anything...

That may be one fix, but it can't be the real way, because sin, cos, and
tan don't _require_ the spaces...

>> do you happen to know where the
>> calculator keeps its eos tables in rom, or even if it would be the
>> same format?
>
> I wish to hell I knew that.  I've looked everywhere ...  I would
> imagine that it's in the same format.  The eostable would not only
> show us the hierarchy, but would provide pointers to every token.

Actually, there's something (forgot exactly what) that is different in
RAM than it is in ROM - it has an extra byte in one of them...

>>  i've
>> not had too much free time lately, but after this weekend, i hope to
>> take a look at
>> those sqrt hooks...  i'm also hoping to finish up asapasm in a week
>> or two.  i've
>> been spending to bulk of my spare time working on my tutorials at
>> http://www.mindspring.com/~shicks/ti86/index.html.  i'm hoping to
>> make the tutorials
>> directed mostly for practical programming (asaps, sqrt programs,
>> etc) and after i get
>> a few more tutorials done, i'm going to start on my reference info,
>> which should have
>> stuff i've found or read about all the aforementioned topics...
>
> I was planning on making stuff about the asap and sqrt programs
> myself, after a little more is known about them.  But you should go
> ahead and make some too.  :-)
> Maybe you know where the calc reads multiple parameters from?  Is it
> that "$" variable?  ... Now that I know what _CLine does (who told me
> that it clears a line?), I can try to make a line off function   :-)

Well, so much for this weekend... :-( I'll probably end up starting the
stuff on asaps after the AP exams...  The $xx variables do indeed hold
parameters, and xx is an LSB-first word.   I'm not sure if it hold for
reals - i would imagine it does, but i tried it once and i don't think
it existed when i gave it a real parameter...  strange...

--
Stephen Hicks
mailto:shicks@mindspring.com

Follow-Ups: References: