Re: A86: Linking 85<-->86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Linking 85<-->86

I've had the same problem sending games to the 85, only USGard doesn't
report an error, it crashes completely. I think it has something to do
with the difference in character sets between the 85 and 86. No fix that
I no of :(

BTW: The reason that TI got rid of calc to computer backups was to
eliminate third party assembly shells like zshell. Also, there is no way
to get zshell onto the 86. The calc won't accept assembly backups(at
least not for me)

--JdAoMtEyS
-----------------------------
"Oh my god, they killed Kenny!"

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:32:03 -0500 David Phillips <electrum@tfs.net>
writes:

>I was transfering some zshell games to my 86 from my friend's 85
>(isn't
>emulation great?!) and I had a couple of questions:
>
>1) Why do the newer versions (I am running 1.0) of ASE corrupt zshell
>strings?  Well, not actually corrupt, but ZShell gives ***BAD
>CHECKSUM***
>error.  I think it has to do with how it stores which group it's in.
>If
>that's all, could someone write an oncalc prog to fix the checksum?
>(might
>be a nice project for me to learn z80...)
>
>2) Since you can backup your 85 to the 86 (IMHO, a feature TI should
>have
>left on the 86 when linking to the computer), what would happen if you
>(try
>to) send ZShell or another shell to the 86?
>
>Thanks,
>

>David Phillips
>electrum@tfs.net

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]