Re: A86: Re: A86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: A86

At 12:43 AM 4/9/98 EDT, you wrote:

>    Q:  How do I create (or use a .asm file) a assembly program (do I make it
>on my MAc or on the TI?).  Then compile it (I'm assuming I need to do that,
>since using AsmComp() on a .asm file didn't work)  Then have it on my TI just
>like the other .86p programs I've uploaded to my TI  ?????  And whats a
shell,
>and whats it for?

Make it on your Mac. Then compile it (it's called assembling with assembly
language, BTW). I think there's an assembler for mac, check out
<http://www.ticalc.org/pub/mac>. I think it's caz.sit.hqx. Not sure though,
I mainly use my IBM for calc programming. Then just send it to your calc
just like any other program.

On the older TI calcs, asm wasn't supported, so you had to have a shell
program that would allow you to run asm. On the 86, asm is supported, so
you don't really need a shell. They're mainly for giving you an organized
display of your programs, although most of them have quite a few special
features by now. Personally, I don't see any reason to use a shell, but
most people do...

>Next question would be, once I know how to create a program and so forth,
>where's some good learning material for learning HOW to program in assembly.

Check out Matt Johnson's page <http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86>. I think
he's got a couple of tutorials. Or try my page,
<http://user1.netcarrier.com/~grams/joshua>. I didn't really write it as a
beginner's tutorial, but you might find some useful stuff there.

--Joshua