Re: A86: TICALC shuting down?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TICALC shuting down?

> obviously its a joke....dont you get it? theyre being sarcastic about
> tiphiles kickin its ass :)

Actually, I was talking with Bryan Rabeler and David Ellsworth.
(Allah and eXocomp on IRC). It's totally real. And they apologise
about the confusion the announcement date has caused. IT IS
NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE! They made their reasons for
shutting down clear in the newsletter. Also, it's very expensive
to run a huge domain like ticalc.org ($20,000.00 US). And they
haven't made back a cent. The founders are getting older and
moving on with their lives. It had to happen sometime. I'm
suprised it took so long. Well, TI-Philes will be a great re-
placement. They are obviously the best site around. The
ticalc.org staff chose a very good time to shut down (ignoring
the announcement date and all). Long live TI-Philes!

(If you feel the need to continue to argue about this, please
send your letters to me or ticalc.org, not the list. This string
has lasted long enough on the list and there's not much to
say that I didn't just cover. If you send me a question I can't
answer and ticalc.org can't answer it, feel free to send it to
the list at that point.)