Re: A86: on interrupt

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: on interrupt

Andy S Johnson wrote:

> [original messages snipped, we're trying to run a basic program from
> an
> interupt or an event handler (sqrtKey), the normal rom call does not
> work]
>
> Has anyone tried loading another asm program using the module idea and
>
> running the basic program from there?

Are you guys loading the program you want to branch to into the correct
RAM location?  Interrupts are not run in the area of memory designated
for ASM programs.  If you try to simply branch to a program, it may be
attempting to load it into the interrupt space.  Just an idea.  If this
is it, all that has to be done is copy the variable data into the ASM
exec space and jump to _exec_asm.  That should work.  There is no reason
why you can't load a program from an interrupt.  Rascall uses an
interrupt to return to the shell if a program is misbehaving or if the
user ends the program by hitting [ON] while the program is running and
then selecting the appropriate option on the menu that comes up.  I
think this is right, but correct me if I am wrong (about the program

-Jeremy

Follow-Ups: References: