Re: A86: bomberman mapping

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: bomberman mapping

Russ Hanson wrote:

> i have a question.. i have a map in bomberman and when i move i check
> the map file to see if a block is there or not... my problem is what
> if
> i blow the block up... there wont be a block there but when checking
> it
> agianst the map file it will think there is one. and thus i can't move
>
> through it. What to do?
> Russ Hanson

    There are a couple of things you can do:

1) Load the entire map into free memory and actually change the map when
somehting is deleted.
2) Actaully check the pixel(s) on the screen to see if somthing is there

3) maintain a list in memory of all the changes to the original map

i am SURE there are others. try and be creative

--
Trent Lillehaugen
Computer Engineering Major

Follow-Ups: References: