A86: Re: TI-86 Robot (Updated)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: TI-86 Robot (Updated)

The robot design is pretty incorrect. I talked to the guy who made the
EXPANDER and he gave me some great info,
the port actually uses 3 wires, 1 wire is ground and the other two are used
for data lines. One data line would be a
CLOCK, from which the program itself is the clock, the other would be DATA,
where I then would use the parallel /
erial converter etc.. plus I cant use the decoder or else only one line is
accessed at a time. I overlooked that.
8-bits would be sufficient to control up to 8 objects at the same time.

He stressed it is best to use a microcontroller... such as the motorolla
68HC705J1.

I may invest in some electronic equipment and embark on this project of
mine, I need a good multi-meter, breadboard,
microcontrollers and IC's from hell! motors.. leds.. and a good digital
electronic book.. Any ideas?

Any updates will be posted below....

Did I mention in the near future I may be working on an Active X TI-86
assembly IDE?