Re: A86: Idea for shell/loader standards...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

n X t writes:

>  On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 16:36:37 -0400 (EDT) Steve86Asm@aol.com writes:
>  >ACTUALLY, there already IS a standard.  How else did Pacman98 know how
>  >to do
>  >it.  It's posted on Dan Eble's web page.  Unfortunately, AShell (even
>  >v1.3 or
>  >whatever is the new one) still uses v 0 of that standard:
>
>  yes i know that.. but, do other people use it? no. i've only seen about 3
>  games (asm programs..etc..) that uses it..
>
>  hmm the game  Vexed, the description for it in Ashell is messed up.. but
>  doesn't mess up the game..

If you look at my Chem86, it's messed up, too.  That's because thy use v. 1
of the standard.  That uses a relative pointer to the description, rather
than absolute, so it points to somewhere in ROM...

nop
jp Start
.dw $0001
.dw Title-_asm_exec_ram