Re: A86: Idea for shell/loader standards...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

n X t writes:

>  On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 21:31:23 -0400 "Steve Russell"
>  <srussell@netunlimited.net> writes:
>
>  >Anyway, I was wondering if it wouldn't be possible for the shell
>  >standard to
>  >include a way for BASIC programs to have a description (for display in
>  >the
>  >shell).  I use AShell to execute most all programs, simply because it
>  >is
>  >more convenient then moving 5-at-a-time through the programs menu (and
>
>  i also have another comment for a 'better' shell.. i have shared this
>  with ppl on irc.
>  the Shell should be divided by two things, ASM programs and BASIC
>  programs. ie.. PRESS F1 to list all ASM programs..   F2 for all Basic
>  programs.. etc.. and they should be alphabetized.. if it is possible.
>
>  and there should be a standard as to how to put the title for the asm
>  program.. ie only pacman and like one other program shows the "title"
>  (PacMan 98 v.blahblah) in ASHELL... some kind of standard should be made.
>  ---
>  -nXt
>     nxt@geocities.com     http://nxt.home.ml.org  OR:
>     nxt@juno.com
>  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/6521

ACTUALLY, there already IS a standard.  How else did Pacman98 know how to do
it.  It's posted on Dan Eble's web page.  Unfortunately, AShell (even v1.3 or
whatever is the new one) still uses v 0 of that standard:

nop
jp Start
.dw 0000
.dw Title