A86: Idea for shell/loader standards...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Idea for shell/loader standards...

 As I am entirely ignorant of the actual workings of ASM on the calc, please
don't laugh (too hard) if my following idea is absolutely ludicrous.

Anyway, I was wondering if it wouldn't be possible for the shell standard to
include a way for BASIC programs to have a description (for display in the
shell).  I use AShell to execute most all programs, simply because it is
more convenient then moving 5-at-a-time through the programs menu (and I'm
assuming others do, too).  As such, it would be a great boon to us who don't
know ASM but would like to spruce up the presentation of their program.  It
would also improve the all-around usability of the shell.

I'm sorry that I can't offer any ASM code to explain this idea, but I'm just
a lowly BASIC programmer who likes those descriptions...

Steve Russell (srussell@netunlimited.net)
http://www.netunlimited.net/~srussell - The Information Center, containing
The Raymond E. Feist Internet Resource Index, Privateer 2 Tips, and more!