Re: A86: Attention! Module Draft Available

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Attention! Module Draft Available

> 1.  A module contains a function called PutSprite that performs the
> obvious task.  Fortunately, the programmer was really smart and decided to
> make it flexible so that he can make it XOR, AND, or OR sprites to the
> screen.  The way the function decides which logical operation to perform
> is by checking a variable.
>     Now, it's just fine for him to include a .db in his module that the
> function checks, but how is the program that uses the module going to know
> where that .db is?  It needs to be exported in addition to the function.

Two solutions to this, have the .db somewhere in free system memory (I
know a number of places which I can release later on) or use offsets.

Also, instead of using a .db you could use flags or maybe registers.

> 2.  Some functions depend on other functions.  If we limit our modules to
> one function, they will have to have their own import tables.  This makes
> a ballsup of the load sequence.  (Do you *really* want to program a
> recursive load sequence, Bill?)

Have any examples?
Libs might depend on other libs too.

> Now, I'm all for keeping libraries as simple as possible to avoid memory
> wastage, but there are situations for which we need multiple exports.

Can you name any?

I have many ideas for modules and there wont be any problems.  Asm progs
have 10K max size, and it needs to be preserved as much as possible.

Current Voting:

Modules - 9
Libs - 1

Bill