Re: A86: Flags/Libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Flags/Libraries

Alan Bailey wrote:

> At 10:00 PM 9/9/97 +0000, you wrote:
> >Does anyone know of any unused flags?
> >

> z,nz,c,nc,p,m,po,pe, that's all there are in the flag register

Not those, iy flags.

> >Also, Dan and I talked about this some, should the A86 Loader use single
> >or multiple function libraries?  Multiple function libraries cause more
> >memory to go to waste (why they were removed from Usgard) but there are
> >situations when they come in handy. Single function libs would fix this
> >problem because only needed functions would be on the calculator.  When
> >Dan and I took the Standards discussion private, we decided he would be
> >making the assembler and I would make the loader.  Any thoughts could
> >really help,
>
> Multiple function might be better, as long as the functions have something
> in common.  For example, a library could have PutSprite and RemoveSprite.
> You're likely to use both in conjunction.

Well, in this case the caller could tell one routine whether to erase or
draw.

> It wouldn't be good to have alot
> in one or routines that aren't related

Yeah, thats why I was thinking multiple function libs might be bad,
because some people might end up writing libs with many routines before
they think about it.

> I'd be glad to help in any way with the standard/loader/assembler.

Well, if libraries have one function I wont need any help, but with
multiple
functions I might need some help.
Can you help with add-on functions to make A86( ?

Bill

Free POP/SMTP email accounts! http://www.stealthmail.com

Follow-Ups: References: