Re: A86: Please read this!!! New shell!!! I need help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 09:47 PM 9/9/97 -0400, Steve86Asm@aol.com wrote:
>When have you ever had to do that?  I can't think of a single situation where
>that would help.  The only time that I've ever had to do anything close to
>that was when I used teh Poly Solver on the 85/86.  In order to to math with
>the roots, you need to clear the screen, and you can't save them to a
>variable either, but there's a way around that, even (using the poly(
>command).  I don't think any math program would ever need a number that
>results from a number that it produces...

A) It was a damn example!! Don't take it literally!!

B) Who knows what formulae are being used??  It is a maybe! (And AN EXAMPLE)

>I agree that that's annoying.  I've had to quit many a high scoring game
>because I needed to either put the calc away or use it for math.  My solution
>to that is very different, however.  The author should include a function to
>"save" the current status of the game with a keypress or two, and then exit
>out.  On the 86, this is considerably more difficult, involving external
>variables or shells, but it can be done.

It is a very simple idea, I do not see why everyone is going nuts over
this.  I think you all take things for more than what they are meant, and
read too much into things.  Relax a bit and don't be so anal retentive!

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face"  |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |