Re: A86: RAM Pages

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: RAM Pages

Unfortunately, I use many ROM calls in my program (i.e. call _getkey\look in
some tablle in my data\call getkey again...)...  Either way (either using
24-bit addressing for everything) or flipping port 5 back and forth will
significantly complicate this code...  I'll be needing to push/pop af and hl
_sooo_ often!

While I'm responding to this, I might as well also respond the Dan Eble's
mail on this topic.  He mentioned using 24-bit addressing for all the
references to data.  Does AHL work the same as EAX does in newer PCs (i.e. if
A is, say $15, and HL is $FFFF, then if you call _INC_AHL, will it result as
A=$16 and HL=$0000)?

Anyway, which would be the easier (or most efficient) of the two?

Someone should write some routines (library?) for data variable accessing,
including the $0B data type.

Alan Bailey writes:

> What I like to do is use both ports 5 and 6
>
>  Load the page told to you by rst 10 into port 5, and the following page
>  into 6.  Therefore, if it overlaps into the next page, it's right there.
>  Of course, this will stop all ROM calls you want to make to the jump
table.