Re: A86: 3-color icons?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 3-color icons?

At 09:26 PM 9/4/97 -0400, you wrote:

>>    Can the screen on an 86 actually support 3 colors? Or are you going to
>> draw pixel then erase it over and
>> over again to make it appear gray?
>>

>One buffer would show 1/3 of the time, and one 2/3.  That
>would make transparent icons more complicated, but it would probably be
>worth it for the additional color.
>
>I suppose we could allow for 3 buffers, but that would use a good chunk of
>memory and complicate (slow down) graphics.  Besides, more than 4 colors
>might not be easily distinguishable from each other.
>
>--------
>Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
>         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)

Would it be possible to change the rates to 2/5 and 3/5, or something
closer to 1/2 of the time.  On the 85 it seemed have a very light grey and
a very dark grey.  To increase their distinctness, could we make the first
darker and the second lighter?  I hope this would work.

Thanks, Karsten Temme

Follow-Ups: References: