Re: A86: another idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: another idea

At 10:07 PM 3/6/97 -0800, Russ Hanson wrote:
>perhaps this is a stupid idea but i think all games programmed (until we
>get a good shell:) should be names something like xx*****.86p (* being
>the name of the program) and then have the executable name the real name
>of the program... just a thought.
>Russ Hanson

With all this shell (Really GUI) talk, I thought I'd give out what I think
is a well thought out idea.

Now, the GUI and the loader should be seperate; the more things there are,
the easier the upgrades.

Now, as for the naming, that is meaningless.  What it would be best to do
is have a GUI like aurora which loads the programs based on set variables.
The variables are set by an AShell-like listing of all the programs, which
you can pick and choose.   Then, the little menu that asks what program you
wish to add/delete will ask whether or not it is an ASM program, so that it
can set the 'ASM(' prefix.

The icons could be set somehow similar to this, and the variable could also
contain this info.

I have more, but I figured I should just put out what was most relevant to
this post, I'll reply to other GUI posts with my corresponding idea =).

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face"  |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |

Follow-Ups: References: