Re: A86: Please read this!!! New shell!!! I need help!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dan Eble wrote:
> > -TASKS TRAY (works with multitasking)
> > -MULTITASKING
>
> I don't want to get into an argument over this. (Well, maybe I do.)
> Multitasking on the TI-86 is not that useful.  How often do you need
> to FTP a file, spool a print job, and read your email concurrently on
> your calculator?
<Snip>

> > -TI-OS COMMAND LINE
>
> That's a cute idea.  I have a better idea, though.  How about making the
> shell so easy to activate that you can bounce out and back in with just
> one or two key strokes?  That would be more efficient and elegant.

I like Jimmy Merdell's idea of making multitasking just a way of pausing
one process and starting another.  I agree that it would be silly with
the amount of processor speed we have to try and get them to run
simultaneously, but I think that the ability to pause and switch
(especially to the TI-OS Command line) would be useful.

Stan