Re: A86: Chem86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Chem86

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997 MTNBIKE560@aol.com wrote:

> << How does the emoticon for sarcasm look?  Apparently I needed one there. >>
>
> try italics

Not everyone can view italics in their email readers.  The best policy is
to use undefiled, 7-bit, plain vanilla US-ASCII and compose the message
with such skill that the tone is immediately obvious to even the
slow-witted reader.  Admittedly, I frequently fall short of the latter.

(Maybe if I had sent my message twice, it would have had the same effect
as italics.  Hmm... well, it's something to keep in mind, isn't it?)

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)