A86: Anyone else had problems with _puts?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Anyone else had problems with _puts?

I have a pointer to somewhere in my code (the data portion) stored in hl.  My
cursor is set correctly and it displayd the text on the screen.  It then
abruptly freezes, even though I have a ret instruction immediately after the
call.  The hl pointer is different each time (depends on user input), but
that shouldn't matter.  Also, I know that _puts is being executed because the
correct text is displayed, so the next thing the compiler should do is ret.

I considered the fact that my pointer ran over $FFFF, but my program is less
than 8k (lots of data) and $FFFF-$D748 is about 10k...

Well, if anyone else has had this happen or might know what's wrong, please
tell me.

~Stephen Hicks