Re: A86: Hooking interrupt idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Steve86Asm@aol.com wrote:

> >  > Also, what is this interrupt handler at 38H?  When does it get called?
> >
> >  Every time an interrupt occurs. In IM 1, which is default on the TI-8x
> >  calcs,
> >  a call to 38H is made.
> >

> ok, so when do interrupts occur?

About 195-200 times/second (it depends on battery strength) if IFF1=1
(ie,
interrupts enabled) _OR_ when you press the ON button. An interrupt
occurs
when you press the ON button even if interrups are disabled.

Interrupt do NOT occur faster on a turboed calc. That's why programs
using
HALT to delay aren't much faster on turboed calcs.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "The nice thing about standards is that
mailto:mja@algonet.se         there are so many of them to choose from."